COURSES OFFERED AND REQUIREMENTS
CRITERIA BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE
- A pass in the Fiji Year 13 examination with a minimum aggregate score of 200 out of 400.
- A compulsory pass of 50% or more in English and Biology, and any 2 Science subject from the following list:
- Home Economics
- Agricultural Science
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 from USP, FNU or UniFiji in the full Foundation Science with a mandatory pass in English and Biology with another science subject, preferably Chemistry.
- Consideration may be given to those applicants who have successfully completed relevant foundation units from USP, FNU or UniFiji to bridge failed subjects in the Year 13 examinations.
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 to 35 years of age and be medically fit.
CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MIDWIFERY
Post Graduate Diploma in Midwifery is a one year program consisting of both classroom and clinical based learning. Qualification and other requirements Applicant should have the following eligibility criteria:
1. Registered nurse.
2. with 3 years’ experience.
BACHELOR OF NURSING BRIDGING PROGRAM
Applicant should have the following eligibility criteria:
1. Registered Nurses with Diploma qualification with a minimum of three years experience qualify to pursue the Bachelor of Nursing Bridging Course.
NURSE PRACTITIONER PROGRAM
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current Fiji registered nurse with a current practicing license
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ post-registration experience
- Be medically and physically fit
- Be between 25 – 45 years of age at the time of application
- Regional students who wish to undertake this program must meet the entry requirements as stipulated in items #1 – #4, be able to pay the required fees and must be able to find own accommodation in Labasa.