COURSES OFFERED AND REQUIREMENTS
CRITERIA NATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN AGED CARE AND COMMUNITY CARE
This course is to ensure participants develop the skills and knowledge to provide person-centred support to clients they are caring for in a manner that includes ‘holistic care and an attitude of positive ageing.
- Successfully completed Year 12
- Mature students who have had some experience nursing elderly clients in the family or in the community
- Obtain police clerence
- Successfully achieve a language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test
CRITERIA BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE
- A pass in the Fiji Year 13 examination with a minimum aggregate score of 200 out of 400.
- A compulsory pass of 50% or more in English and Biology, and any 2 Science subject from the following list:
- Home Economics
- Agricultural Science
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 from USP, FNU or UniFiji in the full Foundation Science with a mandatory pass in English and Biology with another science subject, preferably Chemistry.
- Consideration may be given to those applicants who have successfully completed relevant foundation units from USP, FNU or UniFiji to bridge failed subjects in the Year 13 examinations.
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 to 35 years of age and be medically fit.
CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MIDWIFERY
Post Graduate Diploma in Midwifery is a one year program consisting of both classroom and clinical based learning. Qualification and other requirements Applicant should have the following eligibility criteria:
1. Registered nurse.
2. with 3 years’ experience.
BACHELOR OF NURSING BRIDGING PROGRAM
This important message is to advise all our BNS students that, it has been decided by the TISI College of Nursing Management that our BNS Bridging Program is coming to an end in December, 2020.
We greatly appreciate your interest in choosing this institution to undertake this program for upgrading your professional qualifications . We valued the relationship we had with you during your training and trust that you will be able to enhance nursing practice with the new knowledge and skills attained at any health care facility.
Last but not the least, we encourage you all to complete your course works as required by the curriculum to be able to graduate with a bachelor.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding this information , please do not hesitate to get in touch via phone number 9763707 / 8818691 or email .
NURSE PRACTITIONER PROGRAM
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current Fiji registered nurse with a current practicing license
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ post-registration experience
- Be medically and physically fit
- Be between 25 – 45 years of age at the time of application
- Regional students who wish to undertake this program must meet the entry requirements as stipulated in items #1 – #4, be able to pay the required fees and must be able to find own accommodation in Labasa.